Thursday, December 23, 2010

What's next after Antarctica? Scuba Diving!


Learning to scuba dive is one of those things that many of us may put on our "bucket list" and I am no different. A few times in the past I have thought about signing up for a course at the local YMCA or university but never got around to it. However, after my aunt invited me to join family for a vacation in Key West this year, I decided that it was time to take the plunge, literally! My good friend Amy and her husband Sean also were interested and we signed up for the beginner open water class beginning in August. I'll spend the next few blogs discussing the process of learning to be one with the fishes. It was certainly not as easy as I thought!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I was a Scuba instructor for a while. However, right now I'm about to run the next Antarctica marathon in Feb and I'm writing to say your blog was really helpful and informative! This will be the completion of my 7 continents goal after a 10 year treck around the world running the most challenging events (Everest, Marathon des Sables, Olympus etc) and the help of previous runners has always been hugely important in preparation. So once again thanks - and good luck in your adventures!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete